On the 20th July 2018 Melanie attended the Hygienist and Oral Health Therapist conference in Christchurch. This was a two day conference for both Hygienists and Oral Therapists
- Dental Disease and Diet
- Integrating Oral Cancer screening into your Practice
- Improving the quality and quantity of gingival tissue
- Social responsibility in todays world. What does it mean for NZDHA
- From then to Now: 50 years on, the success and challenges
- A work shop on practical applications for sugar reduction.
- A hands on workshop on perfecting posterior restorations
- Stainless steel crowns, what we already know and what are we investigating in NZ
- Deep in the Pockets – Periodontal treatments
- Maintenance and Prevention of Periodontal and Implant Disease
- Waste free and reducing waste for a brighter future.
Melanie was very interested both personally and professionally with Nutrition and Dental Health. She was very fortunate to meet and listen to Dr Steven Lin the author of The Dental Diet. Mel now has his book. Dr Lin believes that nutrition and dental health go hand and hand. His program helps his patients solve the cause of dental disease. It merges dental nutrition, breathing, airway, and functional orthodontics and sleep health. The oral systemic link is clearer than ever.
Melanie returned very inspired and said it was one of the best conferences she had attended.