We at Waiheke Dental Centre offer orthodontic treatment (Braces) to ‘straighten’ teeth.
What Are Braces?
Braces are essentially a technique to 'hold' your teeth to help with alignment and shaping. There are different types of treatments available and we use three types: removeable appliances, clear aligners and brackets with wires (braces). Which method we recommend for you will be determined at your orthodontic examination. If you are best treated with ‘braces’ we mainly use the Fastbraces® system.
Who Needs Braces?
Braces are recommended to decrease the risk of decay or ‘holes’ in the teeth, decrease the risk of gum and jaw disease (gingivitis and periodontitis) as well as obviously to improve the appearance of your smile. Anyone who wants to improve the alignment of their teeth could consider braces. Sometimes braces are recommended to address specific issues such as;
- crowding / spacing;
- teeth that protrude above or below 'the arch';
- crooked teeth;
- overbite / underbite and mixed bite issues;
How Do Braces Work?
Braces are fixed to your teeth in a calculated way, applying gentle pressure to gradually adjust them into the correct place. Traditional braces move teeth into position in two stages, usually over a period of about two years. In the first year, the crown of the tooth is moved into alignment. In the second year, treatment addresses the position of the root of the tooth.
What Are Fastbraces®
Fastbraces is the revolutionary system of fast, safe, easy and affordable braces that is changing the field of orthodontics.
- Fastbraces were developed to straighten teeth differently - the brackets used with Fastbraces work on a different mechanical principle altogether.
- The patented system uses an innovative triangular bracket and a specially shaped square wire to correct the position of the root of the tooth, from the beginning of treatment. This combination is key in realigning the root and crown simultaneously.
- Fastbraces gently allows for movement of the roots of the teeth towards their final position from the onset of treatment, achieving root parallelism at the beginning stages, thus completing treatment from 3 months to about a year. Some patients see results in just weeks!
- Fastbraces is affordable in most cases because treatment typically takes just a few visits - and fewer visits mean less money spent and less time off school or work!
Since Fastbraces was first introduced in 1992; there have been great success stories around the world. Both children and adults have seen the benefits of this innovative system. The confidence that is gained from having a healthy, beautiful smile is priceless.
For more information, visit www.fastbraces.com for more amazing stories. You can also visit the Fastbraces® YouTube channel for interesting videos on Fastbraces.
Fastbraces were developed to straighten teeth differently. Fastbraces is the revolutionary system of fast, safe, easy and affordable braces that is changing the field of orthodontics.
If you are interested in Fastbraces®, the first step to a great smile is to meet one-on-one with Dr. Michael Stevens to determine if you are a candidate for the Fastbraces system.
Dr. Stevens then does a comprehensive exam of your mouth and smile. Next, impressions and x-rays are taken to help Dr. Stevens create a customised treatment plan designed specifically for your smile.
Find Out More?
To find out more about braces and Fastbraces contact us to arrange your examination.