At Waiheke Dental Centre, we proudly offer multiple hygiene (teeth cleaning) services. It is important to schedule professional teeth cleaning every 6 months, or as recommended by the hygienist.
During your visit, our hygienist will focus on the removal of tartar, plaque, and stains from teeth that can not be removed with brushing and flossing alone.
There are different types of teeth cleanings; the amount of build-up and the condition of gums will help us determine the best dental plan to meet your needs. Routine teeth cleaning appointments help prevent:
- Periodontal disease – if you have gum disease, it can be treated.
What To Expect At Your Teeth Cleaning Appointment
During your visit, Mel our hygienist will:
- Comfortably remove any build-up, tartar, and plaque;
- Once all the tooth surfaces are cleaned, your teeth can be polished.
- Polishing helps remove stains and keeps your teeth smooth, which helps reduce the accumulation of bacteria and plaque.
- A fluoride application may be applied to strengthen the enamel.
- You’ll receive an oral evaluation of your teeth and gums by our hygienist.
- Early detection of any changes or issue is achieved by closely monitoring your teeth and gums. We’ll provide dental health education and go over home care techniques and instructions, this includes nutritional guidelines and the latest information on dental products.
- We will answer any questions you may have about maintaining a healthy smile.