Dr. Mike Stevens is delighted to be located on Waiheke Island and greatly enjoys serving the dental needs of the people of Waiheke. Mike has been a resident of the island since June 1995 when he returned to New Zealand (having lived and worked overseas for nine and a half years) with his wife Julie.
Mike and Julie bought the Waiheke Dental Centre from Dr Keith MacLean in mid-1999 and have, assisted by staff, continued to develop the Centre to better serve Waihekeans.
A constant learner Mike keeps updating his knowledge, especially in the fields of Minimally Invasive techniques and Biomimetics (copying/replicating natural tooth structure and shape).
Dr Mike keeps up to date by attending conferences regularly, reading professional journals as well as being an active member in several professional societies:
- The New Zealand Dental Association (NZDA)
- The New Zealand Institute of Minimal Intervention Dentistry (NZIMID) – member & Director of the Board
- The Auckland Dental Association (ADA)
- The New Zealand Society for Anaesthesia and Sedation in Dentistry (NZSASD)
- The New Zealand Society of Forensic Dentistry (NZSFD)
- The Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry (ABD)